Technical Manager (m/f/d) Berlin
The Nordic Embassies in Berlin - the embassies of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden - share an embassy complex. This concept is unique to the world and functions as a showcase for our five countries. The compound consists of the five embassies and the Felleshus, the pan-Nordic building. The Felleshus is open daily to the public, as well as on weekends and public holidays. The guiding principle of the joint Nordic Embassy facility is »Each autonomous, and yet together«.
These are your tasks
- The Technical Manager will be responsible for the technical reconstruction and investment projects of the Nordic Embassies as well as for the technical and infrastructural operation of the common embassy compound.
- Close communication and providing trust-based support and assistance to the users on site in Berlin and to the owners in the five Nordic capitals. This includes the planning and implementation of necessary technical reconstruction and investment projects that serve to develop and maintain the value of the Nordic embassies. Long-term and sustainable thinking and action are important to us. Communication and reports with the users and the owners are held in English.
- Plan and execute necessary tenders in all technical and infrastructural areas, - both independently and with external consultants, as well as implementing the agreed contracts with the various contractors.
- Manage the technical and infrastructural operation of the embassy complex. For the day-to-day operational tasks including upkeep, maintenance etc., the Nordic Embassies are contractually connected to local companies in Berlin.
These are your competences
- We are looking for a dedicated, responsible, mature and flexible individual with a high Nordic affinity. Candidates should be a trained engineer with many years of experience in the supervision, maintenance, management and coordination of building ensembles with special requirements and architecture. Very good knowledge of German and English is a prerequisite as well as the ability to act proactively, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in one of the Nordic languages is an advantage but not a requirement.
What we offer you
- The Nordic Embassies stand for respect and integrity as well as loyalty and fairness. We offer a friendly, open, fair, varied and international working environment
- Fulltime contract, 40h, 30 days holiday and many other benefits
At a glance
13. June 2022
60.000 € - €
PDF job advertisement
If you are interested and have questions, please contact us or send us your application documents directly.